Cute Bow Tie Hearts Blinking Blue and Pink Pointer -->

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Some Old School Manga Recommendations :)

Before I started watching anime, I've always been a manga reader.  I could still remember the day when my mother came home with the whole series of Glass Mask and From Far Away; the two manga she had loved as a child.  I spend countless hours reading and re-reading those two series.  I loved it.  As I grew older, I never read anything else other than the old mangas my mother recommended me until my friend introduced me to online streaming.  I liked most of the animes, however, my passion is still with the old mangas.  



Phoenix -- written by the father of Manga tesuka Osamu. Explores the existence of life through multiple stories. Death, rebirth, and humans desire for immortality is explored. Lots of motifs and themes.

Itazura na kiss -- adorable classic. cold hearted genius top of class + the stupid girl who just so happens to be in love with the guy + living under the same room = adorable romcom. 



Kindaichi case Files -- think detective Conan but more blood and less filler chapters.

Glass mask-- shoujo Manga that basically created the shoujo genre.  My Absolute favourite manga.  Secret admirers, passionate heroin, bitter love, you name it, glass mask has it.  Glass Mask is LIFE




Crest of the royal family -- ask your mom. She probably knows it. It's still ongoing btw

From far away -- girl gets transported into a world of mystical monsters. sometimes the best rom is between the two who weren't supposed fall in love. 



Rurouni Kenshin -- the samurai holds a backward sword, sharp end at himself.  This has a lot of hype recently since the movie adaptation debuted.

Black Jack -- the story of the god-skill but unlicensed swagger surgeon. 














Tsurikichi sanpei -- this Manga makes fishing interesting. So much mad skills

Animal doctor -- slice of life-ey depicting life in a veterinarian college. Guy chose to be a vet cause he thought huskies were cute. 











Candy candy -- where do I start. I can't. Too perfect. Think orphaned young girl, twisted love hexagon, heartbreaking sacrifices and hidden identity. A good coming of age Manga that your mom probably knows too.

The Three eyed one -- An orphaned boy was taken in by a professor.  However, there's something quite off, quite inhuman about him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment